Monday, March 21, 2011

A New Love for Picture Books

I have always enjoyed a good read and often find myself trying to juggle at least 3-4 books at a time.  It was just recently that I rediscovered the joy of picutre books.  My daughter has reently decided that she is too old for picture books so I have not had a "reason" to read them.  Well, since when do I need a reason to do something enjoyable?   And, that was that....I have been on a picture book reading frenzy.  Here is my favorite for today



X is disgruntled becasue he is in so few words and at the very end of the alphabet so he calls for a new alphabet.  The letters all start to jump on board until they realize that everyone has an important role to play.  Not only does this book offer an excellent way to teach grammar rules but also gives the opportunity to discuss the importance of being content with who you are.  Loved it!!!

1 comment: