Thursday, September 4, 2014

Extended hours in the library - Elephant and Piggie Party

I started this new venture this year to try to get parents and students
in the library after school on Wednesdays. I advertised all week and told the kids we would have an Elephant and Piggie party. I was cautiously optimistic as this was not the sort of thing that had worked out well in the past on my campus. I was shocked to see that I actually had people waiting to come into the library right after school. I had about 8 parents and 17 students come! We had a great time engaging in different Elephant and Piggie activities and just talking about books. I had several parents sign up for library cards and quite a few patrons check out books. Wednesday is definitely a day I will look forward to each week from now on!









No comments:

Post a Comment