Friday, June 1, 2018

Reflecting on 2017-2018


2017-2018 was a great year with many challenges and triumphs.  Starting a position at a new school, new library was more difficult than I anticipated but also rewarding.  There were days when I wondered if what I was doing made a difference and then there were days when I KNEW that all of my efforts were paying off.  I truly believe that the library program and the librarian directly impact student learning on a campus.  As a librarian, you are in a unique position to touch the lives of every student on your campus. 

My goal was to impact every student, to inspire them to read, to push them to think creatively, to show them that literacy is related to every aspect of their lives.  Most of all, I wanted them to understand that learning is fun and that there is wonder all around them. I know it's not a measurable goal but if you were to just come spend some time in our library, you would definitely see all of the above.  Kids are excited about reading and excited about all that they can discover and create in the library.  That, my friends, is what you call a successful year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment